Monday, February 28, 2005

Onward to Rishikesh

This morning, seeing more temples was Exactly what I Didn't Want To Do, but I was convinced to my chagrin... well, I suppose I would've missed out on several animatronic "life of Krisna"s, and they were vaguely inspiring, so there you go.

Here in the internet place, while waiting the compulsory half hour for the guy to figure out how to connect you, a nice Hari Krisna got right into the talk, and subsequently tried to convince me that I should go to Mayura for Anapurna festival, mid-end of March... I wish I knew a little more about the HKs, but I suppose I could go across to Iskcon and watch for a little while...

Not very much more time in Krisna-land though, I am off to Rishikesh on a coach bus at 10. Tomorrow starts the "international yoga conference" which is both happy and suspect - happy to meet some "westerners", talk out some thoughts, hear some tales, maybe meet someone to accompany to the next spot, but suspect about mass packaged spirituality, as always. Shivananda is somewhere within the same complex on the Ganges, so I can always hop over there if need be - I am coming to respect Sivananda Ashram very much... if anything, they were only into sustaining themselves and those who wish to do their practice, not profiting, not converting.

I wrote a poem about music this morning, to share:

That Which Is
Let me sing you
Let me paint you with my voice
To make love to all your lines
Let me touch the universe
Just to let it know
That at this moment
It is all that exists
Let me place the light on the Mountains
And in the eyes
Let me join in your ecstacy
That which Is
And help you to create
What is already there.

... something like that.

I want to tell you my dream about the Ganga, but I am wrestling with the thought that it would only be in search of validation... so many dreams have been gaining significance in this beautiful land.

Hari Bol! :)

About pictures - I left the camera adapter in Amsterdam, but I am searching around, maybe someone has one - I wish I could show you this beautiful world... but I will come home with exactly 100 of the best photos to share.

Oh - and about "who are these people" - Shanta is a 50-smthg woman who I met in the kitchen at Sivananda in NY last year. She is my favorite swami's sister-in-law. She invited me incessantly to stop by when I went to India, so I went to her first in Bombay!

And about my plan - now it is "Study Music"... I have had numerous dreams, usually involving the rivers here. Sometimes with a voice that tells me something. One pair of dreams were waking up to song saying "go east" while watching the landscape move while in a boat going east, then the next night waking to a song saying "to study music". Others were about specific lives - as a Brahmin priest on the Ganges, as one of someones many wives... one just walking along the Yamuna... so I guess I've given a brief overview of the dreams... I don't really know exactly what I'm doing here, more here to find out.

Well, I must find some info, so I'm off. Next you hear I'll have seen the Ganga...

Tammy - stop by India! and where are the others? (Gill?) And others -sorry you have to register on here to post, email is great too, thanks... love to hear from you all... om om.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home