Friday, April 01, 2005

Today

I've decided I'm not coming home. Today I threw my passport in the ganga and put on Orange robes and shaved my head and renounced the world.

April Fools - I knew I'd get you on that one.

I have found a new guest House, the Suraj, which is so chill and nice. I have an amazing room with a bathroom for $2.50. Tomorrow, Nuphar and I and some others are going to make pizza and they are going to let us bake it in the house oven. I'm really enjoying Varanasi, the crazy energy, the heat, the yummy indian sweets (Gulab Jamon!!!), the amazing lighting of this place, the travellers, the Indians, the music, the theater... went over to the University the other day and got to watch a Classical Dance class, a vocal music class, and walked through the museum (which had no explanations for anything, and sometimes just hand-written titles) but some nice things.

Music lessons are getting intense - I am doing things with my voice that I never imagined I could do! Like, singing these Raags (which are so deliciously beautiful) sometimes notes just come out, and you just hop around a note, decorate it with your feeling for it... amazing, this music... amazing. And tabla is tricky, but starting to sound like a tabla, almost.

and this guy (Nuphar) is totally tripping my shit (as Ines would say)...

wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home